Since the summer of 2016, we have been offering guided hikes to our ZillerSeasons guests. Our certified mountain guide will take you to your very own "hiking hot spots" and show you unique natural spectacles and vantage points with a special character!
At DasPosthotel, all hikes start right outside the door – and the list of possibilities is almost unlimited. Beautiful, easy, difficult, long, short, strenuous, or breath-taking trails - whatever your wishes, you are sure to find your favorite tours with us.
Take a look at our current hiking program. We kindly ask that you register for the respective hike by the day before at the reception desk.
While you fully indulge in the beauty of our natural and cultural landscape, your hiking guide always keeps an eye on the schedule, the weather, and the hiking route. We offer easy, medium, and difficult hikes. In addition, this is the perfect opportunity to learn interesting facts about the Zillertal Alps High Mountain Nature Park or find out about the surrounding environment. Outside we can really switch off and be children again!
- Hiking boots with good tread (ankle-high)
- Backpack - you are welcome to borrow a ZillerSeasons backpack
- Penty to drink and a little something to eat
- Spare clothes, ex. a change of t-shirt
- Protection against the cold - hood, gloves
- Sun protection - hat, sunscreen
- Rain protection
- Personal medication
- Cash (at many huts it is not possible to pay by card!)
- Hiking poles (can be borrowed at the reception desk)
- Explore the side valleys of the Zillertal: the Gerlostal, Zillergrund, Stillupgrund, Zemmgrund, and Tuxertal
- Experience the high mountain nature park of the Zillertal Alps
- Fall in love with the mountaineering village of Ginzling
- Enjoy the view from the peaks of the Zillertal mountains
The Run & Walk Park in Zell am Ziller is an Eldorado for all joggers, runners, Nordic walkers, and leisurely walkers. You can start directly at the DasPosthotel. After just a few meters, you will reach the Ziller Promenade, the riverside path along the Ziller River. To the south, the promenade stretches 8 km to Mayrhofen. To the north a whole 30 km to Schlitters. Far away from the noise of the streets, you can run, jog, or walk in the diverse landscape of the Zillertal.
Here you will find an interactive map with all hiking and running routes.